Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r101418: 10-09-13

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r101418: 10-09-13
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 16:54:46 +0200

> Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 16:20:21 +0200
> From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
> Cc: "Robert J. Chassell" <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>
> > From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
> > Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 13:28:56 +0200
> > Cc: "Robert J. Chassell" <address@hidden>
> >
> > "Robert J. Chassell" <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> > > added:
> > >   share/
> > >   share/emacs/
> > >   share/emacs/site-lisp/
> > >   share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/
> > >   share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/ChangeLog
> > >   share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/ChangeLog.1
> > >   share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/mew-w3m.el
> > >   share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/mime-w3m.el
> >
> > I thought the site-lisp directory was for site-specific stuff.  Is this
> > an error?
>
> That's a terrible mistake.  Bob, what was the bzr command you ran?

I reverted that commit (revno 101418) in its entirety.  I assume most,
if not all, of it was not supposed to be in the repository, and was
committed due to a simple cockpit error.

Bob, if some of these changes should be committed to the repository,
please do so selectively.  BUT PLEASE UPDATE YOUR REPOSITORY FIRST,
BEFORE YOU MAKE ANY FURTHER COMMITS!!  Don't worry about losing your
changes by updating first: you will still be able to redo them
selectively.  Ask here how to do that, if you don't know.

I also advise against having subdirectories in the versioned tree that
do not belong to the repository.