Re: build broken: libxml - i386 vs. X86_64 - configure problem

From: Chad Brown
Subject: Re: build broken: libxml - i386 vs. X86_64 - configure problem
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 10:51:13 -0700

On Sep 13, 2010, at 7:30 AM, David Reitter wrote:

> The libxml bindings or something else related to XML broke the build for me
> (on a mac), due to the chosen build architecture being 64-bit (chosen by
> default, and that is correct), but the library being i386:
>
> address@hidden:~/em24.git emacs24$ lipo -info /opt/local/lib/libxml2.dylib
> Non-fat file: /opt/local/lib/libxml2.dylib is architecture: i386

Do you not have an libxml2 in /usr/lib?

; lipo -info /usr/lib/libxml2.dylib
Architectures in the fat file: /usr/lib/libxml2.dylib are: x86_64 i386 ppc7400

It looks like you've shadowed a useable library with something from Fink or
MacPorts, at a guess.  Perhaps setting PKG_CONFIG_PATH to something with
/usr/lib/pkgconfig early will help?

*Chad