Re: lisp/gnus/.dir-locals.el

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: lisp/gnus/.dir-locals.el
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 21:35:27 +0200

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 21:26, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> How does it do that?
>
> Ignoring dotfiles on Unix is not magic nor OS-level trick: an
> application, such as `ls', must actively omit them from processing.
> Where are they omitted during bootstrap's byte compilation?

I don't know the Unix makefiles well enough, but I suppose they use
the shell to gather the list of files to compile, and AFAIK, on Unix
shells the expansion of *.el will not include dotfiles.

On Windows we use

        for %%f in (. $(WINS)) do for %%g in (%%f/*.el) do \

and %f/*.el does include all .el files.

    Juanma