Re: lisp/gnus/.dir-locals.el

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: lisp/gnus/.dir-locals.el
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 21:03:38 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 10:50:13 +0200
>
> Juanma said:
>
>    On Windows we use
>       for %%f in (. $(WINS)) do for %%g in (%%f/*.el) do \
>    and %f/*.el does include all .el files.
>
> so there is some kind of "globbing", apparently in the tools we use
> on Windows.

It's the FOR command that globs, and only inside the parens.

> So is there some way to keep .dir-local.el from appearing
> in the expansion of %f/*.el, or otherwise to use some other way to list
> the files that will exclude the .dir-locals.el file?

There's nothing special in files that begin with a dot, as far as
Windows shells or "globbing" is concerned.  And .dir-locals.el is just
a normal files, apart of the fact that its name starts with a dot.  So
I don't really understand what you are asking.