Re: e and pi

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: e and pi
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 16:50:31 +0200

>> Not a problem: they do use a prefix, so they don't affect other packages
>> (except those using the same prefix, of course).
>> OTOH, the regexp I use currently will incorrectly complain about
>> "foo/bar" as lacking a prefix.  Will fix it soon,
> What about adding `%' and `+' as prefix/suffix to your regexp?

I've never seen % used that way.  * is already accepted as a char that
marks the variable as "OK to use with defvar".  As for +, I've never
seen Elisp code use it, so I don't see a need for it.

Note also that Using *...* for dynamic vars doesn't save the author from
using a prefix, since that is needed for modularity reasons.

        Stefan