Re: C-d deleting region considered harmful

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: C-d deleting region considered harmful
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 20:47:18 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> As I mentioned, DEL/backspace theoretically suffer the same issue, but
> don't seem to be a problem for me in practice; maybe that's because
> I've also become used to the "extra functionality" in that case due to
> using mac/windows software.

The "DEL deleting the region" behaviour was something that was driving
me insane.  I usually jump around a lot with `C-x C-x' in buffers, and
then I may want to delete something, and I use `DEL' to delete stuff
with.

So I just switched off `transient-mark-mode', which is something I
suspect most Emacs old-timers will be more comfortable with.

  address@hidden * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen