Re: C-d deleting region considered harmful

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: C-d deleting region considered harmful
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 21:41:35 +0200

Christoph <address@hidden> writes:
> On 9/18/2010 10:20 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>
>>> Btw, in 23.2 (on Windows), how do I delete (not kill) an active region?
>>
>> "M-x delete-region RET".
>
> Hmm, that's quite the effort required for a simple thing like that. I like
> C-d a
> lot better. ;)

Until you delete a big bunch of text by accident.

You could (re-)bind keys to make something "simple" like deleting a
whole bunch of text for good the default for you.

The current situation is, we have to rebind more and more keys to do
something reasonable in many, many cases.  That's worse.

  Sebastian

PS: You'll find more information about the `kill-ring', `kill-ring-max',
`browse-kill-ring' and other usefull Emacs tools in the Emacs manual.