Re: Rendering HTML

From: Chad Brown
Subject: Re: Rendering HTML
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 06:39:22 -0700

> The next think I thought I'd tackle (after a couple more weeks of
> polishing up the recent changes to Gnus) is writing a very simple HTML
> renderer for Emacs.

Org-mode has a text-based table editor/layout module, as a minor mode:

        http://orgmode.org/manual/Tables.html

It looks like orgtbl does character-based spacing, either automatically
resizing or with explicit sizes but no percentage-based reflow.  It might
be helpful as a starting point.   Alternately, you could get crazy with SVG
support.

*Chad