Re: C-d deleting region considered harmful

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: C-d deleting region considered harmful
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 20:16:14 -0400

    Thanks.  But we're discussing here what to do with C-d: for `delete' we
    already decided that it should delete an active region (by default).
    Whether you agree with this `delete' behavior is irrelevant.

It won't bother anyone for `delete' to delete the region.  Making
`backspace' do so is the change that will bother lots of users.