Re: C-d deleting region considered harmful

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: C-d deleting region considered harmful
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 01:02:17 +0900

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>> Not a good idea, I think, since one of the primary uses of C-x C-x is to
>> re-activate the region!  [for me about 90% of the time I think...]
>
> If you just want to reactivate the region, the proper keysequence to do
> only that and nothing else would be C-x C-x C-x C-x (otherwise you also
> move point).  So one could make this reactivate only on second call
> (like C-SPC does).

Er, no.

It doesn't actually _matter_ about 90% of the time whether the point and
mark are swapped (as typically the entire point of activating the region
is to operate on the region as a unit), and I think you can see that a
two-keystroke command is preferable to a four-keystroke command...

-Miles

--
Selfish, adj. Devoid of consideration for the selfishness of others.