Re: Google modules integration

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Google modules integration
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 14:40:27 +0900

Richard Stallman writes:

 > Lots of people think proprietary software is fine, but that is no
 > reason for us to grant it legitimacy.

I said nothing about granting legitimacy to things you disagree with.
What makes you think that my point had anything to do with
legitimizing proprietary software or SaaS?  (Except inasmuch as I
believe ineffective advocacy of freedom has the effect of legitimizing
the opposite.)

 >     but also the implicit networks defined by people traveling to
 >     meet friends or to eat dinner, making phone calls to their
 >     mothers or their brokers, etc.

 > If I ever envisage taking a stand against that, I will be sure to
 > let you know.

If you would restore context and explain to me in context why you
understood my words that way, I'll try to do better in the future.