Re: C-x C-x

From: Andrew W. Nosenko
Subject: Re: C-x C-x
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 12:22:01 +0300

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 10:49, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> "Andrew W. Nosenko" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> About stop activating region by C-x C-x.  I'm (of course) unable to
>> speak for anyone who uses t-m-m, but for me C-x C-x, same as C-x C-x
>> C-x C-x is intentionally thing for activating region.  And usual goal
>> is to send this region to the external filter (as in C-x C-x C-u M-|).
>
> This works perfectly fine without activating the region first.

May be :-) But I'm personally feel self very uncomfortable when don't
see what going to be changed (the region in this concrete case).  It
is similar to search&replace: it very convinient to see the "going to
be changed peice of text" highlighted and [for me] would be very
uncomfortable if S&R would not highlight matched text.

--
Andrew W. Nosenko <address@hidden>