Re: Problems with xml-parse-string

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Problems with xml-parse-string
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 20:16:51 -0600

On 9/22/10 8:07 AM, Chong Yidong wrote:
Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen<address@hidden>  writes:

Leo<address@hidden>  writes:

Yeah I like that too. After seeing two of its outputs, I quickly noticed
the pattern and just create some short two-liners to access the tree.

Nice.  :-)

Perhaps Stefan's idea of just naming the functions `libxml-parse-*' was
the best to avoid the compatibility discussion.

Having two xml parsers that provide slightly different outputs, even
though they do the exact same thing, is a problem regardless of what
their names are.

But having 2 xml parsers that provide radically different outputs would be good
for the fans of each format.

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA