Re: Reading D-Bus messages

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Reading D-Bus messages
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 16:46:14 +0200

Ken Brown <address@hidden> writes:

> I was wrong about SIGIO being defined in Cygwin.  (I was careless in
> my grepping and didn't look closely enough at the header files.)  And
> an answer just appeared on the Cygwin list, saying that SIGIO is
> undefined because the functionality is not implemented.
>
> So now the question is just finding the best way to deal with this.
> Do you understand why gobble_input is called only if SIGIO is defined?

Don't know. ChangeLog.1 says:

1986-01-23  Richard M. Stallman  (address@hidden)

            * dispnew.c (Fsit_for):
            Call gobble_input only if SIGIO exists.

1985-11-01  Richard M. Stallman  (address@hidden)

            * keyboard.c (gobble_input, input_available_signal,
              kbd_buffer_store_char):
              Make these functions exist only if SIGIO is defined.

1985-10-16  Richard M. Stallman  (address@hidden)

            * keyboard.c:
            Get error instead of croaking if want to send SIGTSTP.
            Get compile time error in gobble_input if SIGIO is not
            defined.

> Ken

Best regards, Michael.