Re: EMACS_INT cleanup

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: EMACS_INT cleanup
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 00:07:32 +0200

I've been -Wconversion-checking a bit more here and there.

Do we want to allow strings to be more than 2GB big?  There are as many
int/EMACS_INT problems in that area as in the buffer area, but it feels
kinda...  er...  not very useful to fix up format3() to allow format
statements to be EMACS_INT clean.

Just to take an example.

I mean, it may be nice and orthogonal and stuff, but...  I don't know.
And does using more longs on 64-bit machines than previously slow Emacs
down any?

  address@hidden * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen