Re: EMACS_INT cleanup

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: EMACS_INT cleanup
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 09:51:08 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Cc: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 00:30:20 +0200
>
> > Better make it a type that is 64-bit wide on a 64-bit host.  Perhaps
> >   #define SPECPDL_INDEX()   ((unsigned long) (specpdl_ptr - specpdl))
>
> What's wrong with ptrdiff_t?

Nothing (it was my original suggestion), except that it's more work
for little or no gain.  We normally put the result of SPECPDL_INDEX
into an int, so using ptrdiff_t would mean change all those variables
into ptrdiff_t as well -- and for no good reason, because we can
hardly have so many unwind_protect'ed levels.