Re: Emacs Windows FAQ

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs Windows FAQ
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 09:40:04 +0200

> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 22:57:22 -0400
>
> I added a section explaining why we support Emacs on Windows,
> in the source emacs/windows/faq-source/faq.texi.
> Can someone please DTRT to regenerate the other formats?

That FAQ has become obsolete a long time ago.  Most of its information
is outdated and misleading.  In particular, many "problems" it
mentions were solved in the stock Emacs sources long ago.  IMO, this
FAQ should be simply removed from the GNU Emacs site.

The Emacs FAQ is maintained as part of Emacs, in docs/misc/faq.texi.
If you want, we could include the text you wrote in the Emacs FAQ.