RE: moving more cl seq/mapping support into core

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: moving more cl seq/mapping support into core
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 08:55:15 -0700

> > Sorry, I don't get it.  What is TEST for?  It is typically
> > for a binary predicate such as `equal' - but we already have
> > PREDICATE here.  And just what is second class here (if TEST
> > is not added)?
>
> `remove-if' as defined in cl.el can not be used in a package
> intended to be included in GNU Emacs due to the use of cl run
> time functions.
>
> So to move this function into elisp Miles (I think) proposed that we
> give up some of its keyword arguments since they mostly are
> not used and turned the keyword :test argument into an optional one.

We are not communicating, I think.  At least I am not understanding you.

Turned what :test argument into an optional one?  There is _no_ :test argument
to `remove-if' (in CL).  Do you perhaps mean :key?  Sorry, I don't follow you at
all.  Again, AFAIK, this is the CL sig:

remove-if PREDICATE SEQ &key :from-end :start :end :count :key