Re: Emacs core TLS support

From: Jason Earl
Subject: Re: Emacs core TLS support
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 12:36:59 -0600

On Wed, Sep 29 2010, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> That is, emacs_gnutls_read should do the handshake, basically.
>
> What the hey.  I implemented it, and it seems to work for me.

It works here as well, and it seems to be considerably faster to boot.
There is one thing that I did have to change from an older setup,
however.  I keep my authinfo file in ~/.emacs.d/authinfo so that I can
version it with the rest of my emacs stuff.  I used to set
nnimap-authinfo-file for imaps, but with the newest builds it appears
that auth-sources is the correct variable to set to customize this.

This is not a criticism, as I am excited to see these changes land.  It
is just a bit of advice for someone else who is interested in testing
this code.

You also might want to consider changing the (BROKEN) in configure.in to
(EXPERIMENTAL).

Jason