Re: moving more cl seq/mapping support into core

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: moving more cl seq/mapping support into core
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 07:42:18 -0400

    Every Emacs release adds all sorts of functions that might impinge on
    the user namespace,

Would you please give some examples for a recent release, so it will
be clear whether you are talking about the same issue?

Most functions in Emacs have name prefixes or suffixes which help
prevent name conflicts; those names don't pose a problem.  We only
rarely add names like `remove-if' which have nothing in the name to
keep them out of the user's way, and we normally document such names
in the manual.  If that practice has changed, I would like to know.