Stopping moderation on bug-gnu-emacs

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Stopping moderation on bug-gnu-emacs
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2010 20:06:02 -0400

I think we may as well stop moderating the bug-gnu-emacs mailing list.

All the mails that reach the list come via debbugs.gnu.org, where they
get moderated first. So holding the resulting messages again for
moderation on bug-gnu-emacs just causes delays and more work.

There has been no mail on bug-gnu-emacs in at least the past 18 weeks
(probably much longer, I just don't have the data) that did not come
via debbugs and hence get moderated first.

The only possible exception is mails injected from the gnu.emacs.bug
newsgroup. I am still not entirely sure what happens there, but I do
not think they go via debbugs. So there is a possibility that spam
could come in via that route. But it has not happened.

So if no-one objects I propose to stop moderation on bug-gnu-emacs in
a week or so. It can always be turned back on if a problem occurs in
future.