Re: Bug reports on Gnus from Emacs trunk

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: Bug reports on Gnus from Emacs trunk
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 12:18:04 -0400

Christoph <address@hidden> writes:
>With the massive amount of development that is going on in Gnus, how
>important are bug reports right now and how/where should bugs be
>reported? `M-x gnus-bug' or the emacs bug tracker? I'd hate to waste
>people's time on stuff that would be fixed in the next commit or two
>anyway.
>
>I am new to Gnus and it is difficult for me to tell what is an
>artifact of development or a real bug.

Same question here.

For example, in trunk head as of right now (rev 101804), when I'm in a
Gnus summary buffer and I run 'B m' (for `gnus-summary-move-article'), I
get an error:

  Symbol's function definition is void: remove-if-not

The debugger confirms what the source code implies:

  Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function remove-if-not)
    remove-if-not(gnus-valid-move-group-p [0 0 0 some-group-name
                                           0 0 some-other-group-name
                                           0 more-hash-data 0 0 ...])
  gnus-read-move-group-name("Move" nil (174666) "")
  gnus-summary-move-article(nil)
  call-interactively(gnus-summary-move-article nil nil)

The function 'remove-if-not' is defined in lisp/emacs-lisp/cl-seq.el.
It's listed in cl-loaddefs.el, too, but clearly somehow it's not getting
loaded.  I can hack around it for now, but there's surely a Right Fix
that any Gnus hacker will know.

What's the right place to report this kind of thing?