Re: Emacs Windows FAQ

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: Emacs Windows FAQ
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 08:08:49 +0200

> What was the issue, and why wouldn't it be more useful if it were
> described in the Emacs FAQ instead?

I haven't looked at that FAQ recently but I know it was a gold mine
back when I started using Emacs under Windows back in the late 1990's.

However, I agree with Eli because since then, Emacs on Windows has
really catched up (for example, there is now a working Emacs server
and client so no need for Gnuserv anymore) and maybe now the special
tricks and tips needed could be moved to the manual or the general
Emacs FAQ. Today, most of the things that does not work as well as
under GNU/Linux have to do with external programs not being in place
by default (grep, find, diff etc).

/Mathias