Re: binding ibuffer to C-x C-b by default

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: binding ibuffer to C-x C-b by default
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 04:33:11 +0200

Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> writes:

> If you say that it not only is surprising but also annoying, I'll have
> to ask why you feel compelled to use left/right cursor movements on
> ibuffer.

I have a tendency to just tap up/down/left/right aimlessly.  :-)
Putting the cursor somewhere near what I'm looking for sort of focuses
me on what I'm looking for, and in a buffer like the buffer view buffer
it's more relevant than most.  "Which of the four epa-related buffers was
it that I saw that function I vaguely remember looking at?"

Not very useful, but having point go to the top of the buffer when I tap
<right> innocently is jarring.

  address@hidden * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen