Re: binding ibuffer to C-x C-b by default

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: binding ibuffer to C-x C-b by default
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 16:06:46 +0200

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

> The convention is to use TAB and M-TAB to move between groups of items
> (which would apply here).
>
> I need to use left/right cursor movement all the time to copy things.
> It's really annoying when they are rebound.  w3m-mode does that too IIRC.

Yup.

How about if we just change <left>/<right> to the more common TAB
things, and drop the <up>/<down> special wrapping bindings, drop the
(bury-buffer), and make it the default?  After getting the major
annoyances out of the way, we can then see how people like the new
mode.

  address@hidden * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen