Re: Custom themes

From: Joel James Adamson
Subject: Re: Custom themes
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 10:08:13 -0400

Eric Lilja <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2010-10-11 07:15, Chong Yidong wrote:
>> Emacs looks for Custom themes in .emacs.d and the load path; a theme
>> named "foo" is looked for in foo-theme.el.  I'm currently not sure
>> whether the default selection of themes distributed with Emacs should be
>> in a subdirectory in etc/, or in lisp/.
>>
>> Note, also, that because the package manager adds to the load-path, it
>> is possible to distribute Custom themes, or collections of themes, as
>> packages, which is nice.
>>

> Mr Yidong, I just wanted to say how happy I reading this! I've been
> using color-theme but I was worried that it appeared to be
> abandonware, more or less, and I wanted something official already
> included. Thank you!

Me too: color-theme surprises me far too much.  I like some of the
themes, but I would like to be able to readily switch between my own
light and dark themes depending on changing my desktop color scheme.  I
haven't gotten the existing theme machinery working on this.

Joel
--
Joel J. Adamson
Servedio Lab