Re: customize-face with default and diff-added

From: Aneesh Kumar K. V
Subject: Re: customize-face with default and diff-added
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 22:11:36 +0530

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 12:07:43 -0400, Chong Yidong <address@hidden> wrote:
> address@hidden (Aneesh Kumar K.V) writes:
>
> > So i have default face set and when i try to set a custom face for
> > diff-added the default face details get removed. The default value is
> > set via set default font.
>
> Could you be more specific about the exact steps you took?

(custom-set-variables
 ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
 )

(custom-set-faces
 ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom.
 '(default ((t (:inherit nil :stipple nil :background "white" :foreground
"black" :inverse-video nil :box nil :strike-through nil :overline nil
:underline nil :slant normal :weight normal :height 128 :width normal :foundry
"unknown" :family "Inconsolata")))))

I started with the above .emacs and enabled diff-mode and changed the
diff-added face. That result in the default face details to be removed
from the custom-set-faces above. The resulting .emacs was

(custom-set-variables
 ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
 )

(custom-set-faces
 ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom.
 '(diff-added ((t (:inherit diff-changed :foreground "red")))))

-aneesh