Re: users and selection changes [was: Custom themes]

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: users and selection changes [was: Custom themes]
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 11:30:45 +0200

> From: "Drew Adams" <address@hidden>
> Cc: <address@hidden>, <address@hidden>, <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 15:09:00 -0700
>
> I mentioned that Yidong apparently thinks getting that behavior is not
> (completely) possible.

Then Yidong (or someone else who knows what the problems are) should
file a bug report with the details.  I don't see how it could be
useful to discuss hearsay problems.

> > > You are inventing.
> >
> > Am I?  Then what's this about:
> >
> > > From bug #6956: In previous Emacs releases on X Window,
> > > "Were users able to mouse-select and mouse-paste between
> > > sessions without first copying to the kill ring" (i.e.
> > > with nil `mouse-drag-copy-region')?  I don't know the
> > > answer.  If yes, then that feature has apparently been lost
>
> It's a question.  And a statement that if the answer is yes, then a feature
> has
> been lost.
>
> How do you interpret that as my complaining about my having to customize
> option
> `mouse-drag-copy-region'?  I've been very clear that customizing that option
> t seems to do what I need.

The issues with `mouse-drag-copy-region' has been beaten to death in
the past.  There are no reasons for me to go through all that misery
again.