Re: themes

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: themes
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 20:07:20 -0400

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> Maybe a "convert all my settings to a theme" function would be useful --
> it could prompt for a name, and create a  theme with all the user's
> default settings; then it remove them as "overriding" settings.  Then a
> user could easily switch between his "original" settings, and various
> themes.

I've added such a facility.  If you do M-x customize-themes when
customizations are present, it displays a warning and a link to migrate
your customizations into a theme.  Could you test it out, and let me
know what you think.

The interface is a little more complicated than I like.  If anyone has
suggestions, they're very welcome.