Re: Gnus in Emacs bzr revision 101985 acting weird

From: Ashish SHUKLA
Subject: Re: Gnus in Emacs bzr revision 101985 acting weird
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 13:55:36 +0530

Hi,

I'm wondering if this has something to do with `face' not getting set
correctly in the "Summary" buffer for mails, which I'm currently reading and
thus getting marked as Read implicitly.

Following is the output of C-u C-x = when my point is in the "Summary" buffer
on my reply (which I last sent to this list, and is currently opened in
*Article* buffer):

#v+
        character: SPC (32, #o40, #x20)
preferred charset: ascii (ASCII (ISO646 IRV))
       code point: 0x20
           syntax:      which means: whitespace
         category: .:Base, a:ASCII, l:Latin
      buffer code: #x20
        file code: #x20 (encoded by coding system utf-8)
          display: by this font (glyph code)
    xft:-unknown-Droid Sans Mono-normal-normal-normal-*-14-*-*-*-m-0-iso10646-1
(#x03)

Character code properties: customize what to show
  name: SPACE
  general-category: Zs (Separator, Space)

There are text properties here:
  face                 gnus-summary-high-unread
  gnus-number          5400

[back]
#v-

After this, I exited the group and back in *Group* buffer, and did 'g' to
check for new messages. After this I visited
"nnmaildir:mailing-lists.emacs-devel" group again, did '/ o' to list old
messages and moved my point to the same reply, and did "C-u C-x =" again, and
following is the output:

#v+
        character: n (110, #o156, #x6e)
preferred charset: ascii (ASCII (ISO646 IRV))
       code point: 0x6E
           syntax: w    which means: word
         category: .:Base, a:ASCII, l:Latin, r:Roman
      buffer code: #x6E
        file code: #x6E (encoded by coding system utf-8)
          display: by this font (glyph code)
    xft:-unknown-Droid Sans Mono-normal-normal-normal-*-14-*-*-*-m-0-iso10646-1
(#x51)

Character code properties: customize what to show
  name: LATIN SMALL LETTER N
  general-category: Ll (Letter, Lowercase)

There are text properties here:
  face                 gnus-summary-high-ancient
  gnus-number          5400

[back]
#v-

Thanks
--
Ashish SHUKLA

“Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all
human wisdom is summed up in these two words,-"Wait and hope".”
(Alexandre Dumas, père, "The Count of Monte Cristo", 1845-1846)