RE: Where did all the wellknown faces go?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Where did all the wellknown faces go?
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 15:43:31 -0700

> If you've played around with the customize-themes code, there is an
> option to migrate your customizations into a theme, in which case they
> are removed from your custom file.  It's unlikely you could have done
> that by accident, though, and it should not be limited to faces.  I
> can't think of any other recent changes that writes to custom-file.
> Maybe you have some rogue user code somewhere.

Caveat: I have not been following this thread at all. If my questions seem
irrelevant, please ignore.

Moving stuff out of the `custom-file' or init file to a theme sounds risky.  I
understand that you stated that it's an option.  Still...

Do we take care to restore the original files if something goes wrong during the
move?  After everything is moved successfully, do we give the user a command to
get back the original `custom-file' or init file?  Is there a command that
migrates (or copies) all settings of a given custom theme to the user's
`custom-file' or init file?