Re: Allow specifying services as symbols?

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Allow specifying services as symbols?
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 01:46:33 +0200

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

>> As more of a philosophical objection than anything, t is a symbol.
>
> Hmm, good catch.  So's nil.

True.  Perhaps this isn't a good idea after all.  It's just come more
than a few times over the years that people are using 'nntp instead of
"nntp" and 'imap instead of "imap" and not understanding why they're
getting errors.

Since these are things that users mess around with, I thought it might
be user-friendly to allow these forms, but I don't really care.

  address@hidden * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen