Re: comment-dwim does not do what I mean

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: comment-dwim does not do what I mean
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 09:43:56 +0900

> Yes...  but all other commands that work on the region ... work on the
> region.  Now,  `M-;' no longer is `comment-region', but `comment-dwim',
> which means that it's certainly legitimate to work the way it does, but
> I'd rather prefer that it work the way it used to.

Wait a minute, hasn't M-; been comment-dwim for a _long_ time...?
Also I seem to recall that the no-region behavior of M-; is _ancient_
(even predating comment-dwim?), and not all that obscure, so probably
isn't the sort of thing to be messed with at least by default...

[BTW, one thing that annoys me about message-mode is that it rebinds
M-; to comment-region -- I often want to _remove_ a level of citation,
and expect M-; to work "normally" (like comment-dwim) ... but it
doesn't, it acts in oppositely from comment-dwim in that situation
:( ]

-Miles

--
Justice, n. A commodity which in a more or less adulterated condition the
State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal