Re: bug#7260: 24.0.50; DEL screwed up

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: bug#7260: 24.0.50; DEL screwed up
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 20:55:25 +0200

Am 22.10.2010 20:32, schrieb Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen:
Eli Zaretskii<address@hidden>  writes:

I mean, as a thing that's on by default.  (Stuff that's not on by
default doesn't exist for most people.)  People really started
complaining about this behaviour this year, so I'm assuming something
changed somewhere.

   2008-03-23  Chong Yidong<address@hidden>

        * simple.el (transient-mark-mode): Turn on by default.

Hardly "this year".

FWIW, the first thing I do in any Emacs I need to work is turn this
off.

So...  people have been complaining for more than two years, and nobody
has addressed this yet?

Hi,

please permit to correct a little bit my message some minutes ago in this tread:

transient-mark-mode alone isn't it. There many people, who wanted to have it, IIRC.

The problem occurs in combination with the deletion behaviour, former delsel.

Thanks all BTW, errors just happen,

Andreas