GNU Emacs/GLib filling up ~/.xsession-errors with 42GB of warnings

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: GNU Emacs/GLib filling up ~/.xsession-errors with 42GB of warnings
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 20:02:07 +0200

  Hi.

This just happened to me again: GNU Emacs¹ filled up my root-partition
by writing 42GB of copies of this line:

  (emacs-snapshot-gtk:6008): GLib-WARNING **: g_main_context_check() called
recursively from within a source's check() or prepare() member.

I think it was because I had an emacsclient X window open on my phone,
which lost connection when I walked the dog.

It happened once before, so I thought I would report it, as it severely
cripples the system it happens to when the filesystem is filled up.

>From Googling I can see that the answer to people who hit this usually
is "Don't use GTK, use Lucid"² - so I guess I have to talk Romain
Francoise into creating another set of snapshot packages³.

Or is there a way to turn off those warnings, or some other clever
workaround I can employ?

  Best regards,

    Adam

¹ GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1) of
  2010-10-16 on elegiac, modified by Debian

² http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=1493

http://groups.google.com/group/gnu.emacs.bug/browse_thread/thread/7492b3293cee1b45

http://www.archivum.info/address@hidden/2009-08/01037/bug-4078-23.1-Forcibly-breaking-%27emacsclient-c%27-X-connections-can-crash-emacs.html
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/emacs23/+bug/543611

³ http://emacs.orebokech.com/

--
 "All you'll see                                              Adam Sjøgren
  Is a tightlipped smile                                 address@hidden