Re: configure{.in,} question

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: configure{.in,} question
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 20:04:34 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Cc: Julien Danjou <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
> Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 12:06:43 -0400
>
> Actually, storing generated files is always a source of annoyances.
> For files that change very rarely, like the unicode char data, this is
> not too problematic, but I often end up with problems because of
> configure and src/config.in.

Including with bzr?  What problems are those?  Bzr is much better than
CVS in handling conflicts, so much so that I sometimes suspect it
silently did the wrong thing (but it doesn't).

> Even better would be if Bzr provided support for such things.

If you can define the requirements, it might be worth to ask for such
a feature on the Bazaar list.  If you get lucky, you could have a POC
plugin in a matter of days.