Re: Backporting changes into emacs-23 prior to pretest

From: Ulrich Mueller
Subject: Re: Backporting changes into emacs-23 prior to pretest
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 09:16:53 +0200

> In preparation for the Emacs 23.3 pretest, I'd like to ask everyone
> if there are any specific parts of the trunk you'd like to see
> backported. The 23.3 release will be mostly bugfixes, so significant
> new features will not be considered. However, updated "stable"
> versions of exsiting modes and packages should be acceptable.

Hi,
I'm not sure if this qualifies, but I'd like to suggest that the
--with-crt-dir configure option is backported. It fixes Bug 5655 [1],
and in Gentoo we apply it to emacs-23.2 (in our stable tree) since
May, without any problems.

Corresponding commits are 100020 to 100022 [2]. (I don't remember any
more if it applied to 23.2 without conflicts. So just in case, a
backported patch for 23.2 is here: [3])

Ulrich

[1] <http://debbugs.gnu.org/5655>
[2] <http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~vcs-imports/emacs/trunk/revision/100020>