Re: moving x-select* [was Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r102057

From: Chad Brown
Subject: Re: moving x-select* [was Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r102057: Make all 3 copies of x-select-enable-clipboard have the same doc.]
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 23:40:39 -0700

On Oct 27, 2010, at 10:32 PM, Jason Rumney wrote:
Realistically though, we are not going to add a platform in 2010 or later that does not support a pointing device but does support selections.

I hate to be a bikeshedding nay-sayer, but there are a fair number of new touch-based UIs support selections without necessarily supporting pointing mouse cursor-like concepts (Android being an obvious potential candidate).

*Chad