Re: Async DNS lookups

From: Helmut Eller
Subject: Re: Async DNS lookups
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 17:40:53 +0200

* Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen [2010-10-30 11:57] writes:

> Before I do anything here, does anybody have any thoughts on this issue?

Emacs supposedly has non-bocking connect, but I think that even that
uses synchronous DNS lookups.  It seems that nobody uses the
non-blocking connect feature; maybe it should be removed.

The asynchronous DNS code could also be written as an external C program
that Emacs starts when needed; like emacsserver used to work.

Helmut