RE: Merging Finder into package mechanism

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Merging Finder into package mechanism
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 15:03:43 -0700

> docs are not always in sync with the code, until Emacs is released.

> We never strayed from what was in place when Richard was the head
> maintainer.  You'd see incomplete documentation then as well, because
> few people would write docs together with code.

Of course doc or NEWS can be incomplete during development.
No one claimed otherwise.

I feel that it was a higher priority for Richard.  You can disagree.

Placeholders are not how NEWS is _supposed_ to work.  Incomplete or inaccurate
NEWS or doc should not be the _aim_, even if some incompleteness or
incorrectness is inevitable.  A placeholder is appropriate if it cannot be
avoided.