Re: Avoiding replies on emacs-diffs

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: Avoiding replies on emacs-diffs
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 10:25:54 -0400

Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:
>On Mon, Nov 01 2010, Stefan Monnier wrote:
>>> PS could you reply to emacs-devel rather than emacs-diffs in these cases?
>>> (I don't know why emacs-diffs is even configured to accept postings
>>> other than from Savannah.)
>>
>> Yes, I get bitten by this all the time.  Indeed emacs-diffs should
>> refuse such postings.
>
>Adding a header "Mail-Followup-To: address@hidden" could help.

Also: just set the 'Reply-to' header on emacs-diffs@ mails to go to
address@hidden

Note this is not subject to the usual objections to Reply-to munging.
It's always okay for the sender of a message to set Reply-to, and in
this case, the sender is the version control system itself -- it sets
Reply-to in order to indicate that the appropriate place for replies is
the development mailing list, not the diffs list.

(http://producingoss.com/en/vc.html#commit-emails has more pontification)

-Karl