Re: Why is ' commented out in mm-url-html-entities?

From: Deniz Dogan
Subject: Re: Why is ' commented out in mm-url-html-entities?
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 00:06:43 +0100

2010/11/3 Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>:
> On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 7:21 PM, Deniz Dogan <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> That said, I guess the reason for leaving it out of the alist is that
>> its value would be ambiguous.
>
> Thanks Deniz. However I see no reason to leave it out when decoding
> (only when encoding). How can we handle this? Or is it already
> handled?

I am not too familiar with mm-url.el (I don't use Gnus) so I don't know.

However, I noticed that the value of rsquo is the same as apos (39),
with a comment next to it saying it really should be U+8217. So it
seems that not only does it not encode apos, it also encodes rsquo
incorrectly.

Does anyone know what's going on here?

--
Deniz Dogan