Re: Unified mouse-highlight code needs testing

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Unified mouse-highlight code needs testing
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 12:41:20 +0200

> Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 10:38:46 +0100
> From: Jan Djärv <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
>
> As termchar.h now is a requrement because of MOUSE_HL_INFO, shouldn't lisp.h
> or or frame.h include it?  nsfont.m didn't and failed to compile (fixed now).

Sorry for missing nsfont.m in my changes.

Did you need termchar.h because MOUSE_HL_INFO references
output_data.tty->display_info, or is there another issue?

As for your question, I don't think we require that a header be
included by another header if they always need to go together.  We
already have other cases like this one: for example, termhooks.h uses
FRAME_X_P and FRAME_W32_P, but doesn't include frame.h where these are
defined.

That said, I have no objections to include termchar in frame.h, of
course, provided that it doesn't have unintended consequences.

> Isn't a name like Mouse_HLInfo explicitly against the GNU coding standards?

I had Display_Info as the model, but I can rename the typedef, of
course, if Stefan and Chong don't like this name.