Re: character composition seems much worse than before

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: character composition seems much worse than before
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 06:06:30 +0200

> From: Miles Bader <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 12:53:25 +0900
>
>  + Previous, cursor-movement would treat char+combining-accent as a
>    single unit (whereas text modification commands would not); this was
>    pretty convenient, and basically seemed the right thing.
>
>    Now cursor movement movement seems to stop "between" the character
>    and its combining accents, with a little thin-line cursor.

This seems to indicate that compositions are turned off, and what you
see is the font backend's features, not Emacs features.

The fact that you needed to invoke auto-composition-mode seems
consistent with this, because auto-composition-mode is turned on by
default (AFAIK), and this invocation turns it off, I think.