Re: character composition seems much worse than before

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: character composition seems much worse than before
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 04:17:47 -0500

> From: Miles Bader <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 16:51:51 +0900
>
>    emacs -Q -font 'bitstream vera sans mono 12'
>
> fails as I described before (most importantly, fails to combine
> characters at all when auto-composition-mode is enabled).

Do you see any problems in how Emacs displays the HELLO file?  E.g.,
does the cursor move across the composed characters as a single unit
there?

In other words, is the problem with auto-composing only some
characters, or is it with compositions in general, with the "bitstream
vera sans mono 12" font?