Re: character composition seems much worse than before

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: character composition seems much worse than before
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 10:41:49 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> I tried 3 different fonts, and two different character combinations
> ("e" + COMBINING ACUTE ACCENT [0x301], and "e" + COMBINING CIRCUMFLEX
> ACCENT [0x302] + COMBINING ACUTE ACCENT), in Emacs and gedit:

>                                  -Emacs-     -gedit-
>   "Dejavu Sans Mono"            PERFECT     PERFECT
>   "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono"    NONE        OK
>   "Lucida Typewriter"           NONE        PASSABLE

I downloaded "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono" from
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/ttf-bitstream-vera/1.10/
and tried it with gedit, but when I choose that font through
the menu: "Edit->Preference->Font&Colors->Editor Font",
gedit doesn't compose the characters (see the attached
image).  How did you specify the font for gedit?

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden