Re: The window-pub branch

From: Štěpán Němec
Subject: Re: The window-pub branch
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 13:14:10 +0100

martin rudalics <address@hidden> writes:

> Sorry.  I didn't understand immediately that you wanted to split windows
> horizontally.  This is part of code I changed recently and didn't test
> yet with non-standard settings :-(
>
> The obvious bug is in the _last_ line of the function
> `display-buffer-split-window'.  Please replace
>
>             window (or side 'below) min-width max-width)))))
>
> by
>
>             window (or side 'right) min-width max-width)))))
>
> which means "if you didn't specify explicitly where the new window
> should go, put it on the right".

That seems to work, thanks!

Another two glitches I noticed (still just testing with emacs -Q):

1. Automatic vertical window splitting is uneven -- whereas in trunk
Emacs (even with tool- and menu- bars on) one gets evenly (vertically)
split windows, in window-pub the new window is noticeably higher; could
it be that it tries to match height of the new window to the old one
_plus_ the GUI bars and mode line?. Somewhat interestingly, doing a
vertical split manually with `C-x 2' does produce evenly split windows.

2. *Completions* display:
E.g.: C-h f so TAB ; *Completions* window is displayed
      l TAB ; `solitaire' is chosen, *Completions* buffer disappears,
      _but_ the *scratch* buffer takes its place instead of deleting the
      split
      (If you press C-g at this point, the window will be deleted, but
      that still doesn't feel right -- it should be deleted as soon as
      the *Completions* buffer is buried)

  Štěpán