Re: Emacs tool bar on Fedora14

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emacs tool bar on Fedora14
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 10:24:33 -0500

> We don't use Gtk+ tool bar functions to display the text because they are
> too limited.  Not showing text is not that hard anyway.

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say.  To get back to my
argument: since both-horiz is the default, we should be careful to make
it work well enough, similarly to other Gtk apps, by only showing some
of the labels but not all.
Whether that is done by using gtk_tool_item_[gs]et_is_important (and/or
Gtk's toolbar functions to display the text) is rather secondary.
Of course, as a general rule, if we can reuse other people's code, it's
better, but indeed it's not always convenient.

        Stefan