Re: Emacs 23 Mac port

From: ken manheimer
Subject: Re: Emacs 23 Mac port
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 16:49:39 -0500

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 4:47 PM, Daniel Colascione
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 11/10/10 12:50 AM, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu wrote:
>> The eighteenth update of the Mac port, which is
>> experimental/hackers-only, is now available from
>>
>>     ftp://ftp.math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp/emacs/emacs-23.2.90-mac-1.998.tar.gz
>>
>> This version is based on Emacs 23.2.90 pretest.
>>

> Thanks for continuing to do this work. I still find the AppKit port to
> be more reliable and useful than the NS one, and I hope it makes it into
> mainline one day.

For whatever it's worth, mitsuharu-sans mac port is the only 23+ build
i've found in which the cursor stays visible when over embedded
graphics.  I needed that working for my day-to-day editing, though it
may not be as crucial for many other emacs users.

I filed a bug report yesterday about the problem:

(Having a properly functioning 23.x version will make it easier for me
to work on replacing pgg with epa/epg in allout mode.  Hopefully i'll
have something to show for that soon.)
--
ken manheimer
http://myriadicity.net