Re: running ./temacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: running ./temacs
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 09:51:44 +0200

> From: Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 17:19:13 -0500
> Cc: address@hidden

> >> set_initial_environment only initializes Vprocess_environment if
> >> `initialized' is set.
> >
> > Do you happen to know why?
>
> No idea.  I'd speculate that it's undesirable to initialize it when dumping...

Yes, probably.

I'd think it's cleaner to add an argument to set_initial_environment,
which then could tell it whether to initialize Vprocess_environment,
instead of intuiting that inside the function by looking at
`initialized' and CANNOT_DUMP.  We could then set that argument
non-zero when temacs is run with arguments other than "dump" or
"bootstrap".